Thursday, March 12, 2009

L.O.V.E

Dearly beloved, we have gathered here today

To witness the union of this man and this stray.

What a Bridegroom! His manner is meek.

His smile makes the knees of the woman go weak.

A love so deep radiates through his eyes,

The stray, undeserving, just stands there and cries.

But they are beautiful tears of joy and of awe,

She smiles even, as he runs his hand along her jaw.

And lifts up her head, till his eyes lock with hers,

He begins his vows, more than passion guiding his words.

He claims her forever, past death’s final sting.

He sings of her beauty and a heart captivating.

She can only stumble, promising that heart,

And complete abandonment and submission on her part.

A covenant between them, was made on that day,

Between Christ the Bridegroom, and me, a mere stray.


****


"I know your deeds, your hard work and your perserverence... you have perservered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. Yet, I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love." -Revelation 2:2-4


"Hallelujah! For the Lord God Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready." -Revelation 19:6-7

****

I'm reading a book all about how I should be preparing myself for my husband. And I have been. I guard my heart, my body, my emotions so that I don't give parts of me away to someone who isn't my husband. It's been hard sometimes, but it's something I've chosen. But I also realize, that so much of my time has been spent preparing and loving my future husband that I have forsaken my first love, my true Bridegroom. He is the loving and faithful one who calls me beloved and captivating and beautiful. He sculpted me. He is the ultimate romantic, and I want to chose to love him all over again.