Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Beloved One

I know. I know. A stagnant blog... BUT I shall be going back to school in less than 2 weeks, so I'm banking on that to inspire writings to share. But until then... a poem.

****

The maiden sits in the agitation of a restless passion,

Crying out against destiny and an ever-growing impatience.

A numbness spiced with feeling constantly surges through her nerves.

The sight, the presence, the very thought of him knocks the breath from her chest,

Till she can’t swallow and her heart feels hollow, yet full.

Secretly she nurses a winged hope for the future,

Of storybook pages laced with the perfectly placed words of her romance,

Where she is the object, and the silent knight rises in pursuit.

A dance, a song, a confession of love will someday slide through his lips,

Lavishing on her, the woman who waited.

All her heart, all her soul, all her body, preserved for him,

The diligent seeker, the vigilant pursuer, her beloved one.

It is for him, through restless passion and fruitless hopes, she waits.