So, I’m sitting in my newly decorated, freshly occupied dorm room listening to cars and passing chatter and church bells, and this urge just came over me to write. I don’t know what I am to write, but I think simply the act of typing or putting ink on an empty section of paper reminds me that I have a voice. I realize that I sit at the entrance to a beginning. Every moment is a beginning, sure. Cliché, though. I’m truly sitting in an obvious beginning. A new school year. And a huge part of me wants to get revved up and make a list of all these changes I want to make in myself or with my routine. I’ve done that time and time before. But if I’ve learned anything this summer, it’s that I need to FOLLOW Christ. Not drag him along behind me as I run ahead. I need to dwell in him. And by doing that I will not be stationary. I’ll be doing. I’ll be changing and acting and being transformed… but that’s not my focus. Those are products of having my focus on Christ. So, if anything, I need to step back from all these great plans I have with the actions of my life and let go enough that God transforms my MENTALITY. So, hello new school year, may I learn to live with boldness and a gentle spirit with a being that dwells in the heart and will of my Father. Teach me, Holy Spirit, to listen. And transform me with the power that comes through you, Messiah.
