I love watching people worship. Totally sounds creepy, but yeah. I love it. Worship isn't just contained to music services either, but that's where I thought about it tonight. So I wrote one of those corny poems that rhyme too much and don't quite perfectly flow. But I haven't written a poem in a while, so it's okay. ;)
Fingers stretched high,
Palms out reaching,
Lets the world know
Just what it is we are seeking.
Each story is different,
Though connected somehow,
Through our strand of humanity
Comes our worship now.
Sing out,
Stay silent.
Cry, laugh, and dance.
To bring glory to the Lover,
And His story of romance.
Sea of voices, waves of hands
His ocean crashes to wash our dry land.
Rise up, fallen people,
Take eat of this bread
Step into communion
With the one who has bled.
I watch each one respond,
Lives played out on their face
Passion within me stirs,
Inspiring to join this broken race.
