Passion is a funny thing. It can take a lot of different forms. It's powerful and beautiful. A few weeks ago I attended a senior's vocal recital. Her husband was in the front row, his eyes on nothing but her face. I watched him a lot of the performace (which was slightly creepy, I realize now. lol.), but the expression on his face was a mixture of unreserved love and devotion... my definition of passion. Today, I was taking photos for the hospital. We were in the maternity ward. We used the newborn (just today) as our model. The father came out to watch us. He was really young. Late teens, early 20s, maybe. He looked at that red-faced, screaming baby with the same look. Unreserved love and devotion. I've never seen that interation before, between parents and their baby. It's those moments that make me believe love is real... and it gives me hope that someday I'll experience these things. The unwavering gaze of a devoted husband and (if I get up the courage to be a mother) the smiling face of my newborn child. Who knows, though. maybe not. hmmm... :)

