Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Empty

"Do not be afraid of being emptied or not having all the answers because God holds you in His hands."

"Sometimes as we're being emptied it's tempting to withdraw, to shut down."

These words were spoken today during Bible Study by my RC. She has no idea what I'm going through or what turmoils rage within my heart. She has no idea that I've been avoiding my Bible and prayer life because I'm withdrawing from God in fear of my emptiness. It's Ash Wednesday today, the beginning of Lent. I've never celebrated Lent before, and I honestly never really knew what it was until the past year. But I see it as an opportunity for a new start. A season of emptiness in which I seek God. And it's true, He holds me. He speaks the words I need to hear using others as his mouthpiece. Good stuff.