It's not exactly a poem, just more of a statement. I feel like a psalmist, where I spill out everything from my soul at the moment. Bad things and hurts pile up, but I end with a promise and a hope and a Truth.
Help me remember your promises, O God.
Your Word is Truth and your Love is extravagant.
Help me sing your praises through this doubt and darkness.
My God, My God, call back my adulteress heart,
And teach me the true fulfillment and joy found only through you.
You pour out on me, and forgive my forgetfulness of your blessings.
I feel not your arms wrapped around me,
But there are there, holding me still.
The world whispers to me, tempting me from your call.
So close I stand to the edge,
Walking the line of decision everyday and every moment.
Oh, how I want to jump after those who dare me to follow.
Foolishness, yes, but a force still pulls me to the edge.
Help me resist and stand firm in You,
The God of Love and Community and Hope and Truth.
Tears threaten to overwhelm
And words all seem to come from a tainted heart,
But God may I be a psalmist and end with a statement of Truth.
God is Good.
And may I learn to dwell in that goodness richly.
