Sunday, October 5, 2008

Book Review: My Sister's Keeper

I have been told over and over to read this book. Over the summer I read The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult, and that was a very deep, very unique story... as was this one.

Photobucket

Written on a topic that I've never seen discussed in any book, Jodi Picoult is very original, very informed, very moving in her writing. She is brilliant in that she throws things at you that you don't expect. When I thought I had everything figured out, she totally reverses my thinking. It's impressive. I won't do the whole plot summary deal. If you want to read that, check out the spolier sites... but I will reccomend this book to you. It is more of a chick novel, but not to the point that a guy wouldn't enjoy it. Anyway, I finished the book this morning while I was waiting for church. Note to Self: don't read Jodi Picoult books in public. I was bawling. In a public place. Not cool. lol. :)