So, there is this city called Chicago. You may of heard of it. All I know is that when you say you’re from Illinois people respond either with, “wait, there’s no ‘s’ on the end” or “oh, you live in Chicago?” At this point in the conversation, I usually shake my head, caught between laughing and crying. Not really, crying’s a little harsh. But I’m sad that Chicago is all that counts. It’s a wonderful city, but it doesn’t span all of IL. My point is, that Chicago always has voted Democrat, while most of the lower rural areas vote Republican. Illinois is a blue state, because Chicago always wins out. This year, Obama is actually from Chicago, which just amplifies the loyalty. I’m not telling you who I voted for (early elections), I’m just saying that voting Republican in IL is like high school prom… it makes you feel good about yourself for a while, but in the end, it’s completely pointless.
