Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Intentional
I'm losing focus. I now realize that coming to a Christian college won't nesissarily help me grow in my relationship with Christ. People can go four years in this place and walk out just as secular as when they walked in... except maybe with more distaste since they had chapel credits thrust down their throats. I go to 5 Bible Studies a week. I sit through about 5 church services a week... and I know it's all about corperate worship, but, gez, I think this is overload. Instead of building me up, I'm just getting tired of it. What is wrong? I'm realizing that if anything is going to happen in the area of growth, I'm going to have to be 100% intentional. I can't leave it up to the college, or my RA, or my small groups to expose me to God. Yes, I can still learn from them, but I have to be personally intentional... or else God's going to get lost in the day-to-day. He will vanish into my mandatory chapels and Bible studies. A Christian college doesn't make it all better... it just gives you a different set of challenges. It's good for me. God, just help inspire me... and connect me to people who have the same passion.
