Monday, September 29, 2008

Book Review ...well, book gushing.

I've been told over and over to read this book for years. I'm not quite sure why I never took the initiative. Maybe because I didn't think a book on sexual purity could have anything to say to me that I haven't already heard. Maybe I figured since I'd already pledged myself to abstinence until marriage that a book on purity would just be usless.

Photobucket

I was wrong, of course. I often am when I try to draw my own conclusions or judge on my own uninformed notions. I did finally read it, though. The Bride Wore White by Danna Gresh... and let me tell you, it was amazing. It was the most honest, most helpful, most passionately written book on sex and purity that I've seen in the Christian circle. I couldn't read this book straight through. I had to stop after almost every chapter and just take the day to ponder what I'd read. It convicted me; it affirmed me; it encouraged me, and if you are of the female gender, then it will do the same for you. More than anything, I think reading this book at this point in my life refocused my heart. When you step into the college atmosphere, and you hear so many stories about people who met their spouse at college, then it's easy to get swept up in that. The Bride Wore White called me out and gave me the encouragement to step back and wait. God is in it, and it's going to be okay. :)

Read it.